Reliable & Effective
Tax law Solutions
Tulsa Tax Law Attorney | What Questions To Ask A Tax Law Attorney
If you have gotten in trouble with the IRS because you have not filed taxes or the IRS is auditing your taxes, you need to talk with an attorney.
You do not just want to talk with any Tulsa Tax Law Attorney. You want to talk to an experienced attorney who knows what they are doing. These are some questions that you should ask an attorney before you consider hiring them.
- 1. How Long Have You Been Practicing Law? You want to ask this question because you want to understand how long they have been practicing law. You also want to ask them what type of tax law they specialize in. Why you want to ask them this is because not every attorney will be knowledgeable or understand your tax issues. If you are dealing with many foreign assets, you may need to find an attorney who understands how to file taxes for something like that.
- 2. What are your legal fees? You want to have a firm understanding of what their legal fee structure is. Many attorneys will just have a flat fee, why some may have charge by the hour. What they could charge you could depend on your situation. Understanding their fee structure is essential in understanding if you want to hire them or not.
- 3. Do you see any red flags in my case? A seasoned attorney should be able to catch most issues in your taxes. You need to ask them if they see anything that could trigger a red flag. You of course need to explain to them why you are seeing them, but if they do happen to see anything else in your taxes that is wrong they need to be able to explain that to you as well.
- 4. Do you practice Law in other states? Why you you would want to ask them that is because if you have a large amount of assets that are in other states then they could be able to help you out in that realm.
- 5. What other areas of law do you practice? It is possible that tax problems can also overlap with other legal issues such as bankruptcy. If you are also seeking a lawyer who is more than a just a tax lawyer, then they may be able to help you out in those other issues as well.
If you are seeking a local tax attorney, then I could advise you to look at Hanson & Hanson Law Firm. You can give them at call at (918) 409-0634.